Vertigo Spiral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vertigo Spiral clan updates

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson

Go down 
+4
sneakysmith123
VicVega
Admin
AnimalWedding
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AnimalWedding

Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson Empty
PostSubject: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Welcome to another edition of the Vertigo Spiral Clan Challenge. I would like to thank Tyroine for putting together a fun and open-ended challenge for us to enjoy. Likewise, I hope that you will all find my own concept unique and inviting.

Since the 100-Card Singleton format provides a lot of variety both in deck-building and game-play, I’m going to reprise that format for this challenge.

So what madness can we expect from the devilishly clever mind of Jan? The rules this time are simple, so as to not cause confusion. Players may play with any card they please as long as it fits the following rule:

Any card that isn’t a basic land must contain at least 4 lines of (non-flavor/reminder) text when viewed fully zoomed in the card collection screen. The number of lines per card should be exactly the same for all screen sizes and resolutions due to how the software scales the font size on the cards.

Additionally, the deck may only contain a maximum of 20 rares, 10 being lands. Even in the situation that you do not pack 10 rare lands in your particular deck, you are still restricted to 10 non-land rares.

Hopefully no one is confused, as I really hate explaining things more than once. But don’t let that deter you from asking me a question that has already been answered in this article. I am a masochist after all.

Let’s keep the decks interesting!

Edit: Remember to make sideboards!

Janno Kablam-o

Last edited by AnimalWedding on Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Please post below if you are participating in this challenge.

Matches will begin Monday May 24th. Once you complete a match, please post the results to this thread as well.

Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
https://vertigo.forumotion.com
VicVega

VicVega

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Love to be in the challenge. Can we have a week to do some building though?
Back to top Go down
AnimalWedding

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm just going to add that as much as I would love to play this challenge (considering it's my challenge), I will be in China from May 27th to June 26th. As such, I'm going to leave administration to Nik.
Back to top Go down
sneakysmith123

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm game. Pun is intended.
Back to top Go down
GWN

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Hello all,
"1..2..3"
Count me in...
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Vnnymack

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:01 pm

cheers In it to Win it. I also game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey Vic - Let's keep it to Monday for "starting game" time. Most people dislike the pre-game week from what I hear, and build different decks for it anyway for misdirection. We can always elongate the time before matches close out.

Please remember though, folks- BEFORE YOU SPECTATE ON OTHER CHALLENGERS' GAMES, FINALIZE YOUR OWN DECK! Modifying your deck after you see another challenge game is not allowed, so if you enter one by mistake leave ASAP. Honor system of course.
Back to top Go down
Tyroine

Tyroine

PostSubject: Vic is right   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm with Vic on this one.....

Can we have until next week to start games? The 24th is a little too soon for me. My weekend just got busier, and this week is not good either. If so, I'm in. If not, I may have to sit the sidelines for this one.

Let me know please.

- Mike
Back to top Go down
Tyroine

Tyroine

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:58 am

Would this card be considered legal?

Split Second = Line 1?
2 other lines
end of turn = Line 4?

Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson Image
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Ok, revision: let's do games starting next Friday, May 28th.

If it had to be 4 FULL lines I think it would be insanely hard. Let's rule that a partial line (even just a word) for line 4 is fine.
Back to top Go down
justcanceled is the man

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:18 am

i'm in too...
Back to top Go down
sneakysmith123

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Haha... when I first read this I thought it was four lines of flavor/reminder

Now how am I going to search for long text! ARGH

Additionally!!! Are basic lands allowed?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Yes, basics are always the exception to the rules. However, something like Tundra isn't going to fly (ravnica lands appear to fit however) - so the rule still applies to nonbasics.

Ok so the roster is:

Tyroine
Justcanceled
GWN
Sneakysmith123
vnnymack
VicVega
Andex

You can post your results directly to this thread.

I'm tentative at this point, and unlikely to participate. I got a job offer (without even being in the market for one) and have an interview for that, and things are busy at my main work this week too. Also some meetings to plan out a student film. I'll help manage the challenge and I'll try to make a deck to play you guys in casual games - I just don't want to be a bottleneck when it comes to the challenge.

Nik
Back to top Go down
Tyroine

Tyroine

PostSubject: Tyroine vs Sneakysmith123   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Tyroine wins 2 games to 0 vs Sneakysmith123.
Back to top Go down
GWN

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:10 am

Crap...I think i totally dropped the ball on this challenge. Sorry i gotta drop out...if it's even still going. Next time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Going to call this challenge to a close - people didn't seem to into it. Let's put deckbuilding challenges on hold until further notice. Seems like very few of us have the time commitment for it (me included). Maybe we can start doing clan FFAs instead; we used to do those as pick-up games and it was very popular.

Nik
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson   Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deck Building Challenge - Something Really Awesome That You're All Going to Love Unless Your Name is Dumbo McLamerson
Page 1 of 1