Vertigo Spiral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vertigo Spiral clan updates

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

classic red/blue deck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bridgeport1884

classic red/blue deck Empty
PostSubject: classic red/blue deck   classic red/blue deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:02 pm

could use some help streamlining this deck, making it faster...

Blue:

Compulsive Research (2)
Divination (4)
Ponder (3)
Into the Roil (2)
Muddle the mixture (2 *used to search for goblin bombardment)
Reins of power (2)
Legacy's Allure (2)
Propaganda (2)
Jace Beleren (2)

Red:

Kaerveks Torch (2)
Banefire (4)
Goblin Bombardment (2)

Artifacts...

2 ensnaring brigde
2 howling mine
3 portcullis
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: classic red/blue deck   classic red/blue deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:27 pm

I like this deck idea but there are a few things I see right off the bat:

Things to remove:

1. Howling mines - I'm really not in favor of this. Even though most of the time you're just making them draw creatures which are bottlenecked by your critter control, against a half-decent deck you're just promoting answers to your control permanents. I'd switch these out for more noncreature control on your end.

2. Divination - no reason for these not to be Mulldrifters. When you have the extra mana you'll be glad to have a 2/2 flyer in addition to your draw.

3. X-Burn spells - you have too many (6). I'd like to see a downgrade to 3 and a mix of some of the forthcoming suggestions.

Possible Additions:

1. Mulldrifter - as stated before, strictly better than divination.

2. Incendiary Command - you'd be surprised how often you find yourself taking out a nonbasic or replacing your hand draw, but also this helps boardwipe and would be a good substitution for some X spells.

3. Chandra Nalaar - Since you've got a control lockdown already, she's a nice substitution for X spells to pick away at the player and put a pretty severe timeclock on the board. They'll waste valuable resources trying to take her down.

4. Remand - I can see these substituting for howling mines or compulsive research. More often than not it's a timewalk, I really recommend it.

5. Diamond Valley - Don't count it as a land but this is a great way to keep your life total high while sacrificing creatures grabbed from the other side of the board.

6. 3rd propaganda - Seems like you could cut a draw spell for a 3rd propaganda.
Back to top Go down
https://vertigo.forumotion.com
Tyroine

Tyroine

PostSubject: Agree   classic red/blue deck I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:43 pm

I agree with the way Nik suggests taking the deck. Mulldrifter over Divination is a must. Other ideas pretty good too. How about Mystical Tutor and a package to go with it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: classic red/blue deck   classic red/blue deck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

classic red/blue deck
Page 1 of 1